What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is any marketing that involves the creation and sharing of media and publishing content in order to acquire customers. This information can be presented in a variety of formats, including news, video, white papers, e-books, infographics, case studies, how-to guides, question and answer articles, photos, etc.
Content Marketing has been defined in multiple ways. The meaning of the term depends a lot on the purpose and context. One of the most used definition is “the technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire and engage a clearly defined target audience in order to drive profitable customer action” 
Content marketing creates interest in a product through educational or informative material. Successful content marketing relies on providing “consistent, high-quality content that solves people’s problems”.
- “Trends 2014 in Online Marketing: Content Marketing”. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- “Content marketing defined: a customer-centric content marketing definition”. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- “The Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing”. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Give four reasons a business would use educational content in their content marketing strategy.
- Curate relevant content and organize it for educational purposes.
- Repurpose educational content using free tools such as Audacity, Jing, Prezi, Picktochart and Google Docs.
- Demonstrate how educational content is shared through social media using a variety of social media channels.
- Set up online monitoring with Google Alerts and Google Trends to determine the information needs of your customers.